Thanks for the info. I finished making and documenting the changes (and checked out all the different color models), and git add and commit seemed to work fine. Then:

git push mob master:refs/heads/keithg
fatal: 'mob': unable to chdir or not a git archive
Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!
Keith

Christian Thaeter wrote:
Keith Gudger wrote:
I needed a "dip to black" transition for my video editing, so I've
created one from (I hope) the latest commit.  I don't know how to check
out all the possible options for video input, but it seems to work fine
for me (I derived it from the "flash" transition).
If you are interested in  having this transition in the repository,
please let me know the best way to proceed.  I am familiar with SVN, but
am having a bit of trouble figuring out git.  Thanks.

Keith

we have a git-mob repository where you can push to, just commit your
changes into your checkout and then push it up to:
 git://git.cinelerra.org/mob/cinelerra.git

step by step:

 # prepare and do the commit:
 git add <the files you want committed>
 git commit -m 'give a message about what youve done'

 # registering the mob repository with a short name
 git remote add mob git://git.cinelerra.org/mob/cinelerra.git

 # and push your (local) master branch
 # to a new branch on the server with your name in it
 git push mob master:refs/heads/keith

When done send an announcement to this list, others (j6t, simeon,..)
will review and merge it.

        Christian