I've been thinking about these suggestions for a while, and think I'll do the following:

1) Update the plugin so that is uses templates instead of a macro. This is a great idea - I wonder why so many of the plugins use macros?

2). Change the plugin so that it fades to any color. I think I can do this, but may run into complications. I'm reviewing other plugins to see how they implement a GUI to pick a color. Any suggestions are appreciated!

3). At this point, the plugin name would change to "flash to color", I guess. Would the current "flash" plugin be a subset? I realize that you would not want to eliminate the current plugin for backwards compatibility reasons.

Keith