Hello everybody

Having some trouble I checked the webarchive but found mainly a lot of which
is code I pressume. I cannot even read it. In the dark ages of computers I
learned some programming in basic, that's all. I am also new to video
editing.
I want to use video and Cinelerra for motion analysis in sports. Yet I
haven't been successful in producing any usable clips for that purpose.
According to advise on the web I captured with Kino in Quicktime format.
I use a Sony dv camcorder with interlace (PAL)
Searching the web I already found Cinelerra by default uses the wrong field
order, which I found to break chronology of frames when using the field to
frame effect.

What I want is doubling framerate, change fieldorder, field to frames,
interpolate to full frames, stabilize the subject, render it, give the
individual clips a name and store them in a database. Having done that I can
analyze sport movements in slow motion or frame by frame in 50 frames per
second resolution.

My questions;
 is this the right sequence, or should I change the order of actions?
 can I do all this in a single pass, it is called a pipe if I got it right,
or should I have multiple passes?
 In the preferences for playback I found a setting for playback of 16 frames
per foot. I presume if I set this to 32 it will give me 50 frames per
second, but will it work to for rendering in 50 fps or does it work only for
playback?
 How can I change fieldorder ? (The manual says nothing about it and
although I found some remarks on the web of the wrong field order I found
nothing about how to change it.)

As I am not a coder I cannot be of any help in developing Cinelerra, but
possibly I can contribute to improving the manual so that other dummy's like
me more easy learn to work with it.

With kind regards, Gerrit