On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 4:43 PM, Gerrit de Jong <ger...@gyas.nl> wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
> Having some trouble I checked the webarchive but found mainly a lot of which
> is code I pressume. I cannot even read it. In the dark ages of computers I
> learned some programming in basic, that's all. I am also new to video
> editing.
> I want to use video and Cinelerra for motion analysis in sports. Yet I
> haven't been successful in producing any usable clips for that purpose.
> According to advise on the web I captured with Kino in Quicktime format.
> I use a Sony dv camcorder with interlace (PAL)
> Searching the web I already found Cinelerra by default uses the wrong field
> order, which I found to break chronology of frames when using the field to
> frame effect.
>
> What I want is doubling framerate, change fieldorder, field to frames,
> interpolate to full frames, stabilize the subject, render it, give the
> individual clips a name and store them in a database. Having done that I can
> analyze sport movements in slow motion or frame by frame in 50 frames per
> second resolution.
>
> My questions;
>  is this the right sequence, or should I change the order of actions?
>  can I do all this in a single pass, it is called a pipe if I got it right,
> or should I have multiple passes?
>  In the preferences for playback I found a setting for playback of 16 frames
> per foot. I presume if I set this to 32 it will give me 50 frames per
> second, but will it work to for rendering in 50 fps or does it work only for
> playback?

No it is preferences - interface. This tab affects only interface behaviour.

>  How can I change fieldorder ? (The manual says nothing about it and
> although I found some remarks on the web of the wrong field order I found
> nothing about how to change it.)

Before you load your clip you must set up new project (File->New) -
there is  fps and field order too.

Recoomeneded actions are described here:
http://cinelerra.org/docs/split_manual_en/cinelerra_cv_manual_en_14.html#SEC192

Useful is reading about motion effect
http://cinelerra.org/docs/split_manual_en/cinelerra_cv_manual_en_14.html#SEC206

> As I am not a coder I cannot be of any help in developing Cinelerra, but
> possibly I can contribute to improving the manual so that other dummy's like
> me more easy learn to work with it.
>
> With kind regards, Gerrit

Cinelerra is not intuitively usable. I recommend always start from manuals.

May be it helps.

Einar