On Sonntag, 24. Oktober 2010, Simeon Völkel wrote:
> today Monty and I worked out which of his changes are independent from his
> ffmpeg loader project and fix bugs of CinCV.
>
> I've merged these commits over into my repo[1] and would like to ask you to
> pull these changes (everything from october, starting with [2], except for
> the one commit[3] which states that it is not for CinCV) over into the
> official CinCV repo.

I didn't take these:

- f4b7d222 apply gentoo libavutil50 patch
  This substitutes RGBA* by RGB color codes. How can this be good?
  Please explain.

- b789d4ff fix background rendering crash on >=jpeg-7
  This doesn't compile here. It needs version checks around uses of
  do_fancy_upsampling.

- 8aa33e3e Rwrite the latency timing/calculation for the OSS backend
  There is parctically no explanation why the change is good and why
  a new mutex is needed. It looks dangerous. How extensively has the
  code been excercised? Why is a change needed at all? I am not aware
  of people complaining that the OSS driver does not work. But I
  might be missing something.

- e0569663 Actually check for error return codes in OSS
  This does not adhere to the coding standard that is used in surrounding
  code. Fixing that would take too much of my time. Remember that it is
  good tone to copy the coding style that you find rather than to force
  your own style onto existing code. This includes white-space style.
  (IOW, please use tabs, not 8 spaces.)

- 48e292ec Add ArchLinux x264-quicktime build patch
  This does in no way explain what the patch solves. I cannot judge why
  the change would be good.

- 64e8022f Eliminate the YUV file loader's wont
  Before I merge this change, I'd like to know why the patch solves a
  problem (and what the problem exactly is). "It happens more often
  than you think" is a bit too much hand-waving. Can I easily reproduce
  the bug? (Oh, and the commant about coding style applies, too.)

- e40c03ad remove hardcoded cinelerra/versioninfo.h and add README.Cin2.1SV
  What is this about?

I pushed out my state to

git://git.cinelerra.org/j6t/cinelerra.git sv/gentoo-fixes

This state doesn't work for me (it crashes on the first playback of DV),
hence, I didn't push it to master right away. I'll investigate.

-- Hannes