On 07/08/2011 03:41 PM, Sean M. Pappalardo wrote:

On 07/08/2011 07:56 PM, Douglas Pollard wrote:
It doesn't matter, I have tried 3 0r 4 formats with the same results. I
tried convert a couple files in FFmpeg and that seems to work without
crashing. I am crashing Ubuntu.

Oh, like the whole OS? That sounds like a hardware/driver problem then. Make sure you have the latest video drivers first, and reinstall them even if you have the latest. (I've seen such problems with nVidia drivers.)

Sean

This E-Mail message has been scanned for viruses & content
and cleared by >>smaRTmail<< from Renegade Technologies
http://www.renegadetech.com/

I ordered more ram today from Best Buy on line. I can pick it up at the store Monday. That sure can't hurt. I vacuumed out the computer this afternoon and it was dirtier than I had realized. There was a lot of dirt at the plugins for the ram so I took the ram out and vacumed that out as well. It seams that was not the problem. Thought this might cause shorting or over heating. Heikki I also ran the mem test for about an hour as you suggested and saw nothing there. So for now I guess I will have to wait until I get some memory. I'll report in and let you know what' happening as soon as I try the memory on Monday. I also ran the command you gave me and read the log. I will work at that more in the morning. I need to go on line and do some reading so that I may be able to make more sense out of what is there. I will also render some video to crash the machine again so I can look at the log without anything more on it. Thanks ALL, Doug