Ciao Edouard!

On 10/07/2011 10:52 PM, Edouard Chalaron wrote:
??????? Gosh Einar, I am sorry but you may want to look a little bit
further than the lens of your ipod camera.... Cinelerra would become
some sort of Kino just designed for camcorders and highy compressed
videos. Why don't just remove importing file sequences, RGB float etc
since you are willing to shoot yourself in the foot ?

Calm down. :-)

Capture functions in Cinelerra are pretty unstable. In particular they
seem to depend on hardware. For some people they work perfectly (a
minority it seems) for others they are really unusable.

To have a very buggy feature is not good, so we are brainstorming on
possible solutions. Fix the feature if it is useful (that's an expensive
solution), remove it if it is un-used (cheaper solution).

That's the reason behind Einar's question:
How much people use it (were able to find working settings)? For
what purpose they use it?

Your reply (below) is all we need:
controlling imports or scans (like I do) with a vectorscope I am
starting a hack of the invert plugin to work on scanned negative
films. This is what it can be used for.

It is very useful also to know Cinelerra does a good job.

There is no need to remind you we are all volunteers helping each other
making CinelerraCV the best NLE ever. You know it already. :-)

Thanks for believing so much in Cinelerra. :-)

Ciao!
Raffaella