På Fri, 30 Dec 2011 22:56:04 +0100, skrev Stefan de Konink <ste...@konink.de>:

Op 30-12-11 22:35, Ichthyostega schreef:
Yet still, there is also a lot of fun in actually getting things
done, maybe the hard way, and probably that's what keeps us going.

So, if I would like to make any of the discussed ideas myself. Is then
the motto: just make them then come asking for help? Or is there
currently an outline how to integrate such thing?

No, and I think writing a reasonably complete integration HOWTO
for Cinelerra would be a heavy task.  Too heavy in the short term.

But I liked the suggestions you made on Tuesday (quote):

Herman:
For the benefit of proxy editing, AND multi-angle DVDs, AND 3D
video, I think support for multi-track video would be neat.  Track
folding or hiding would enhance the usability, and track
grouping/locking would be even more critical.  Can it be done?

Stefan:
To do this properly also multiple preview windows would be 'required'
to do anything useful, Some form of A-B editing not yet present is
Cinelerra.
Maybe the first target could be:
- create a player that gives a visual preview (in a lower resolution)
  of all video-tracks
(This could then branch off to a zillion different use cases including
linear editing)
Next target:
- Allow audio tracks to be (hard) attached to videotracks
- Allow interactive manipulation of the videotracks given the tracks
  are playing, or in a paused state, where visual feedback results in
  alignment. (Tackles: 3D/Multiangle/Synchronisation)
- Allow video tracks to be (hard) attached as a group of tracks
- Create an intermediate representation so a multi track could be
  folded

You are suggesting new functionality in terms of building blocks,
enabling further additions and extensions in the future, in theory.

Now, if we could agree on a short list at tomorrow's meeting; that is,
which building blocks to prototype first, we could get from theory to
practice pretty soon.

We may even start that discussion right now, on the mailing list,
as a preparation to the IRC meeting. :-)

--
Herman Robak