På Wed, 29 Feb 2012 16:25:20 +0100, skrev Bhikkhu Mettavihari
<tv.li...@gmail.com>:

Hi from Sri Lanka

The world is changing so fast that it is very difficult to follow
I find it now difficult to find a laptop with firewire to capture my data on

Sony cameras now come with

   1. DV output (firewire)
   2. SDI output
   3. HDMI output

I have used kino to capture my videos with for at least the past 5 years
Everything is fine.

My problem is now: Can Kino capture from SDI output or HDMI output ?

I know I should have looked at the source code before writing this...
...but I am 99% sure that Kino is DV only, through ieee1394 and USB.

I am interested in SDI and HDMI myself, not so much for ingestion to
an editor, but rather for live mixing, as a successor to DV in dvswitch(*)
HD video is no longer an exception, it is becoming the norm.

*) http://dvswitch.alioth.debian.org/wiki/

--
Herman Robak