Hi Dan

Thank you for all the years of good service on Kino
We are still using it and I guess we will for a number years more.

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Dan Dennedy <d...@dennedy.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 7:25 AM, Bhikkhu Mettavihari <tv.li...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi from Sri Lanka
>
> hello there!
>
> > The world is changing so fast that it is very difficult to follow
> > I find it now difficult to find a laptop with firewire to capture my
> data on
>
> Yes, Firewire is dying. Maybe Thunderbolt or a more standardized
> version of that will catch on.
>
> > Sony cameras now come with
> >
> > DV output (firewire)
> > SDI output
> > HDMI output
> >
> > I have used kino to capture my videos with for at least the past 5 years
> > Everything is fine.
> >
> > My problem is now: Can Kino capture from SDI output or HDMI output ?
>
> No, but Kdenlive or melt can.

It looks like we will have to go for other software.
Thank you for the direction.
and again Thank you for many years use of Kino.

If you fly past Sri Lanka one day.
Then please drop in and be my guest.

Regards
Mettavihari