On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 10:18:41PM +0800, Adrian Chadd wrote: > On Mon, Jul 16, 2007, Ahmad Cheikh Moussa wrote: > > Hi! > > > > David Granzer wrote: > > > you can not use "bandwidth" on input direction. > > > > I've got the same error, when I use the priority > > command. It doesn't matter what I configure in that > > policy-map, I've got this error. > > Why would you police/bandwidth on inbound data? You've already > received it.
I used to argue that same point. But I've since backed off of it a bit. The reason is a deployment scenario where a user (customer) connects but has multiple egress interfaces towards the core/destination. You want to provide them some form of per remote shaping/policing. Meaning you want to provide the same service towards the remote irregardless of the egress path to get there. So if you can apply the policy to the interface for that specific user on ingress (their attachment circuit) it does make the concept of shaping/queueing relevant. Rodney > > (I know why people -might-, but I'm curious as to your reason.) > > I just police on TX for CPE devices, and do marking/classification > on inbound. You can then use (aggregate) policers on the TX to > clients where appropriate. > > > Adrian > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
