Hi,
I have few questions about queuing on Cisco. 7200----HDLC/ISIS/TDP----26xx I have set-up QoS between the two Cisco routers mainly use to carry voice traffic, as follow: Queue1: Voice Bearer - LLQ - priority bandwidth 55% Queue2: Voice Signaling - CBWFQ - bandwidth 10% Queue3: Any IP traffic - CBWFQ WRED - bandwidth 10% Queue4: default * If my LLQ queue is full, can it borrow bandwidth from any other non full queues including the default one? * If any of my CBWFQ queues is full, can it borrow bandwidth from any other non full queues including the default one? If I use the command "max-reserved-bandwidth 90" on the serial outgoing interface of both routers, and if I have the following queues: Queue1: Voice Bearer - LLQ - priority bandwidth 70% Queue2: Voice Signaling - CBWFQ - bandwidth 10% Queue3: Any IP traffic - CBWFQ WRED - bandwidth 10% Queue4: default What would happen in case of congestion: * Since I know that I have very little IP traffic, Queue 3, guaranties that the TDP session won't go down, right? * Since the default queue has the remaining 10% of the bandwidth, HDLC and ISIS won't go down, right? * So, in this case and despite Cisco advices on that matter, is it safe to use the "max-reserved-bandwidth 90" command? * Do I risk to lose the serial link due to a lack of bandwidth? * Do I risk anything else? Thank you in advance for any comments/suggestions about this topic. Christophe _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
