For the record, I use an external DHCP server and it works just fine with PPPoA/E. This is my config:
interface Virtual-Template1 ip unnumbered Loopback11 ip helper-address 199.a.b.c peer default ip address dhcp ppp authentication pap ppp ipcp dns 199.d.e.f 167.g.h.i ppp ipcp unique-address end Frank -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Eric Helm Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 9:42 PM To: Duracom Lists Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] PPPoE and DHCP Duracom Lists wrote: > This is my first post on this list. > > I have a Cisco 7206vxr Router which I am using to terminate DSL connections > on my ATM DS3 via PPPoE. I have everything setup and working properly, but > I am wanting to use my DHCP server instead of using the IP Pool on the cisco > router. Is this possible? I am including my current config as it pertains > to the DSL connections. > To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible. A PPP(oE) client uses IPCP to obtain a Layer 3 address. You can use a RADIUS server for managing the IP Pools if you don't like it on the router. /Eric _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
