Then it's pretty clear that the BRAS is in control, and may be using
"max-lease time" rather than "default-lease time".

If I review the DHCP logs for a well-behaved PPPoE/A link I should probably
be able to figure it out.

Regards,

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Gert Doering [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Sunday, October 21, 2007 9:51 AM
To: Frank Bulk
Cc: 'Eric Helm'; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] PPPoE and DHCP

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 07:35:46PM -0500, Frank Bulk wrote:
> What's not clear to me is who handles DHCP renewals....if the router
> requests that from the external DHCP server and uses IPCP to pass that on
to
> the PPPoA/E client, or the PPPoA/E client initates that and the router
> tracks it.

As there is no way to signal a lease time via IPCP, and no way (besides
closing and re-establishing IPCP) to renew the address received by IPCP,
I see the latter as "quite unlikely".

gert
--
USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!
 
//www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
fax: +49-89-35655025
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to