Welcome to the limitations of TCP using standard window sizes.   There  
is tons of documentation out on the net on how to tweak TCP  
connections to maximize throughput.   WAN accel appliances are very  
good at doing this as well, if you don't want to mess around with  
tweaking individual hosts.   The accelerators also do things to  
mitigate packet loss that the host based tweaking cannot always  
overcome.

Phil


On Nov 16, 2007, at 9:48 AM, matthew zeier wrote:

>
> I have gear in Amsterdam and in San Jose.  Pushing log files from
> Amsterdam to San Jose through rsync seems to top out at 7Mbps even
> though the box doing the push is pushing much more out to the  
> Internet.
>  If I run several rsync's it goes quicker so I know I have the  
> bandwidth.
>
> What's limiting me?
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/




_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to