On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Mark Boolootian wrote:

>
>> I have gear in Amsterdam and in San Jose.  Pushing log files from
>> Amsterdam to San Jose through rsync seems to top out at 7Mbps even
>> though the box doing the push is pushing much more out to the Internet.
>>   If I run several rsync's it goes quicker so I know I have the bandwidth.
>>
>> What's limiting me?
>
> Check out the TCP tuning guides:
>
>  http://dsd.lbl.gov/TCP-tuning/
>  http://psc.edu/networking/projects/tcptune/

See:
http://kb.pert.geant2.net/PERTKB/EndSystemTuning
as well.

-Hank

>
> Is rsync using ssh to move the data?  ssh has its own windowing
> issues.  There's a high perf fix for that which you should be able
> to find via google.
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
>
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to