I have seen the same output in cards than have double connections (2x20) to the fabric (i.e. X6704-10GE & WS-X6748-GE-TX) and use DFC cards. But that didn't cause any problem.
I guess ... FE = Forwarding/Fabric Engine or Fabric Enabled? -- Tassos Ramcharan, Vijay A wrote on 23/4/2008 10:03 μμ: > I am not sure whether this is normal behavior or not. I was looking into > a problem where a server appears to hang network connections to it at > about 15 minute idle intervals. I checked the usual suspects, speed, > duplex, port errors etc. No discrepancies there. > > The switch in question is a 6509E running 12.2(18)SXF7. The lone VLAN > 962 SVI on the switch is in the same VLAN as the problem server. I can > ping the server without any issues. > I did a show mac-address dynamic int g3/39 to see what the switch > records for this server. > > sw1#sh mac-addr dyn int g3/39 > Displaying entries from Line card 3: > > Legend: * - primary entry > age - seconds since last seen > n/a - not available > > vlan mac address type learn age ports > ------+----------------+--------+-----+----------+---------------------- > ---- > [FE 1]: > * 962 001b.7845.dbf8 dynamic Yes 280 Gi3/39 > [FE 2]: > * 962 001b.7845.dbf8 dynamic Yes 165 Gi3/39 > > sw1# > > > What is the meaning of [FE 1] and [FE 2] above? > Would that be why are there two entries for the same MAC address on the > same port and VLAN? > I did some more digging and found other hosts/port showing the same > behavior so it's not isolated to this one server. > Could any of this be related to the server issue? > > Thanks. > > Vijay Ramcharan > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
