Christian wrote:
I've had to deal with the same scenario on multiple occasions

It comes down to if we give customer access to the router, then the
"managed" service disappears - as it defeats the purpose of managed services
-  if they wish to obtain control then let them buy the router from you and
manage it themselves

Second that.

Sell them the router (at full list), sanitize the config, amend the contract and sla terms, hand over a sanitized user/pass/enable.

Or send them a minimal config for comparable router and tell them to buy a new one and ship you the old one. Amend the contract and SLA terms.

Otherwise, forget it and if they break in -- most likely thats illegal.