As far as I'm aware, the group number is irrelevant. You're still getting a group per vlan, it's just that the identifier only reaches 255. The configuration is all local to the VLAN, so i'm not aware of any shared anything except for number *space*.
ie: int vlan 1 standby group 1 standby ip 1.2.3.4 standby preempt ! int vlan 2 standby group 1 standby ip 1.2.3.5 standby preempt Still results in two completely separate calculations and sets of advertisements, no? On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Justin Shore <[email protected]>wrote: > I have a situation in which I'm wondering if I can use the same HSRP group > number for multiple SVIs on a pair of 7600s. The VLANs all perform similar > functions in groups of 3; outside of FWSM contexts, inside of FWSM context, > SVI for terminating client IPSec VPNs. Ie, each customer has 3 VLANs that > perform these functions. I have multiple customers and each has 3 VLANs in > VRFs (where applicable) on my 7600s carved out for these specific functions. > > Can I use the same HSRP group for each of the individual 3 VLANs across > multiple customers? ie: > > Customer VLAN Purpose > ------------------------------- > 1 1501 Outside > 1 1601 Inside > 1 1701 CVPN > 2 1502 Outside > 2 1602 Inside > 2 1702 CVPN > 3 1503 Outside > 3 1603 Inside > 3 1703 CVPN > > Purpose HSRP Group > --------------------------- > FWSM outside 100 > FWSM inside 101 > CVPN 102 > > VLANs 1501-1503 get group 100, 1601-1603 get group 101, 1701-1703 get group > 102. Each customer VLAN performing that specific role shares that HSRP > group #. That's worded better. All VLANs share the same L2 infrastructure > (actually they never leave the 7600s). > > Is this doable or should I just use HSRPv2 and one of the 4096 group #s > available to me? Would sharing group #s result in few HSRP hellos send and > processed, thus lower RP overhead? > > Just curious. Thanks > Justin > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
