On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 10:07:13PM +0000, Justin Shore wrote:
Arie & Christian,

Thanks for the replies. So re-using HSRP group #s doesn't create any

Correct, it works fine.

conflicts? That's good to know. It also won't reduce the load? That's unfortunately. For some reason I had it in my mind that you could create some sort of collective HSRP instance over a common L2 infrastructure that would share hellos and switch as one common unit. It would be list MST for HSRP essentially.

That's the "HSRP multiple group optimisation" which is available on SXI and SRsomething, but sadly it supports routed subints on the same master physical int *only* - no SVIs:

int Gi1/1.1
 standby name foo
 ! other config
int Gi1/1.2
 standby follow foo
 ! other config

Attempting to configure on SVIs gives some random error message about "different physical parent interfaces". I can't see any reason for the restriction - I keep meaning to put an RFE in.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to