Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) wrote:
ChrisSerafin <> wrote on Thursday, April 02, 2009 17:59:

I have 3 VRF's on a CE router:



ip vrf xxx-General
 rd 1:10
 route-target export 1:10
 route-target import 1:10
!
ip vrf xxx-Guest
 rd 1:30
 route-target export 1:30
 route-target import 1:30
!
ip vrf xxx-Voice
 rd 1:20
 route-target export 1:20
 route-target import 1:20

I just got 3 new VRF's from the ISP confgured, and I'm wondering what
numbers I need to have for the 'rd' and 'route-target xxport'
commands...? Are these arbitrary, come from the ISP, or can I just use
40, 50, and 60?

In a vrf-lite environment, RDs are local to the router, so you can pick
any (as long as it's unique on the router). you only need route-target
if you're running BGP on the node to leak routes from one VRF to
another.. doesn't look  like you're doing any leaking, so I don't think
you need any route-targets
        oli
Excellent explanation, thank you!




------------------------------------------------------------------------


No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.0.238 / Virus Database: 270.11.38/2037 - Release Date: 04/02/09 06:09:00


_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to