Hey, That is possible - just use vlan mapping and OSPF/ISIS/other IGP between your core and your edge. If you want, I could send you a configuration example.
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:56 PM, Pavel Dimow <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi, > > as I am not native english speaker I don't know how to name my problem > but I will try to give as much details as possible. > Here it is, I have Cisco 7600 wich is core switch, and it have one > uplink to our edge router (it is SVI interface). Now, I would like to > insert > a transparent cache engine. That would not be a problem, except that > connection between edge and core is fiber and > transparent device has only a copper ports. I know that I can buy > media converters, but what I would really like before > is to connect cache to core and forward all (to and from internet) via > cache and then back to core and so on. > Something like this: > > > ------------ > | EDGE | > ------------ > | > --|-- > | C | > | O |-------CACHE > | R |-------- > | E | > ----- > > USERS > > > > Is this possible at all, and is there are any other solutions? > > Thank you. > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
