I see this as giving the caching device an IP off of the 7600 core switch and 
using policy based routing (both directions)

Let me also recommend ip sla tracking. If the caching device is the one I have 
experience with you will want to dynamically stop the PBR in the event the 
caching appliance has problems 


Best Regards,
John 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Daniska, Tomas
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:42 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Forwarding traffic to "transparent" device

and why there is a problem with simply using VLANs to insert the cache into the 
path?

--

deejay


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Daniska, Tomas
> Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:41 PM
> To: 'Pavel Dimow'
> Subject: RE: [c-nsp] Forwarding traffic to "transparent" device
> 
> and why there is a problem with simply using VLANs to insert the cache 
> into the path?
> 
> --
> 
> deejay
> 
> 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: [email protected] [mailto:cisco-nsp- 
> > [email protected]] On Behalf Of Pavel Dimow
> > Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 11:26 PM
> > To: [email protected]
> > Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Forwarding traffic to "transparent" device
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > thank you for your suggestions, but as this is transparent device
(ie
> > it acts just like a wire) wccp is not and option. Beside that, it
can
> > cache bittorrent traffic which I belive is not wccp friendly :)
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:19 PM, Ryan West <[email protected]>
wrote:
> > > Pavel,
> > >
> > >> -----Original Message-----
> > >> Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 4:56 PM
> > >> To: [email protected]
> > >> Subject: [c-nsp] Forwarding traffic to "transparent" device
> > >>
> > >> Hi,
> > >>
> > >> as I am not native english speaker I don't know how to name my
> > problem
> > >> but I will try to give as much details as possible.
> > >> Here it is, I have Cisco 7600 wich is core switch, and it have
one
> > >> uplink to our edge router (it is SVI interface). Now, I would
like
> > to
> > >> insert
> > >> a transparent cache engine. That would not be a problem, except
> that
> > >> connection between edge and core is fiber and transparent device 
> > >> has only a copper ports. I know that I can buy media converters, 
> > >> but what I would really like before is to connect cache to core 
> > >> and forward all (to and from
internet)
> > via
> > >> cache and then back to core and so on.
> > >> Something like this:
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> ------------
> > >> | EDGE |
> > >> ------------
> > >>       |
> > >>    --|--
> > >>    | C |
> > >>    | O |-------CACHE
> > >>    | R |--------
> > >>    | E |
> > >>    -----
> > >>
> > >> USERS
> > >>
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> Is this possible at all, and is there are any other solutions?
> > >>
> > >
> > > Are you sure your core and cache engine do not support WCCP?  That
> > might be your best bet.  The VLAN mapping option will also work, but
> if
> > your caching engine decides to fail and does support a hardware
based
> > fail-open, no more traffic will flow.
> > >
> > > -ryan
> > >
> > _______________________________________________
> > cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
> > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected] 
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to