Two ways I can think of off the top of my head. 1) WCCP 2) Policy-based routing If #1 is supported on both, that would be by FAR my recommendation. Ken
________________________________ From: [email protected] on behalf of Pavel Dimow Sent: Wed 2/24/2010 2:56 PM To: [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] Forwarding traffic to "transparent" device Hi, as I am not native english speaker I don't know how to name my problem but I will try to give as much details as possible. Here it is, I have Cisco 7600 wich is core switch, and it have one uplink to our edge router (it is SVI interface). Now, I would like to insert a transparent cache engine. That would not be a problem, except that connection between edge and core is fiber and transparent device has only a copper ports. I know that I can buy media converters, but what I would really like before is to connect cache to core and forward all (to and from internet) via cache and then back to core and so on. Something like this: ------------ | EDGE | ------------ | --|-- | C | | O |-------CACHE | R |-------- | E | ----- USERS Is this possible at all, and is there are any other solutions? Thank you. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
