On 27-6-2010 8:03, Paul wrote:
If I set the port speed to 100 megabits full duplex on the switch and
server , the clients that get 1-5MB/s now get 11MB/s which is
approximately the limit of the 100mbit port. Totally stumped here, tried
different nics, servers, even 4 different switches. Is a very
interesting problem and I'm probing to see
if anyone else has encountered it. So far the only OS i have tried is
centos, but different versions and kernels and hardware.

We had the same issue with Centos, Broadcom NIC and Cisco switches. We discovered that other distros helped, downgrading Centos kernel could probably help as well.

We solved it reinstalling all affected Centos servers to Debian.

--
Grzegorz Janoszka