VLAN created & interfaces assigned is not good enough. To confirm, at least one interface (access or trunk) assigned to that vlan is in the UP and STP forwarding state?

You can do a sh spanning vlan X to check.

Tim

At 11:25 AM 7/9/2011, Renelson Panosky opined:

Yes, the vlan are created on the layer 2 and have interfaces assign to them.

Renelson

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Quinn Snyder <snyd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> depending on code version, i've seen the n7k not create the layer-2
> vlan associated with the svi, even allowing you to place it on a
> trunk.
>
> can you confirm that the layer-2 vlan is in place and created?
>
> regards,
> q.
>
> -= sent via ipad. please excuse brevity, spelling, and grammar =-
>
> On Jul 9, 2011, at 8:52, Renelson Panosky <panocisc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a couple nexus pod up and running so i just created two more SVI
> in
> > my Nexus 7010 with the following configuratons.  All my other SVIs are
> > configured exactly the same way and all of them are UP UP but the two new
> > one i just add.  They are  all added to all my trunks and all my trunks
> are
> > UP UP.  I do know on some devices in the IOS platform the SVI will not
> come
> > up until you put a node on it (plug something in oe of the ports assign
> > that vlan.) but int he same token some the other SVIs have no nodes on
> them
> > and they are UP UP and i can ping them.  Any input would be greatly
> > apprecisted
> >

> > interface Vlan2
> >  no shutdown
> >  description XXX
> >  no ip redirects
> >  ip address 10.100.XX.XX/25
> >  ip router eigrp 100
> >  ip passive-interface eigrp 100
> >  hsrp 2
> >    preempt delay minimum 30
> >    priority 110
> >    ip 10.XXX.XX.XX

Tim Stevenson, tstev...@cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Distinguished Technical Marketing Engineer, Cisco Nexus 7000
Cisco - http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759