On Thursday, August 18, 2011 05:49:58 PM Richard Hartmann wrote: > 1) Can the 3600X act as PE on all interfaces? I.e. if I > were to trunk two or more 1G interfaces, could xconnects > go out through those interfaces?
Every interface on the ME3600X can forward IP/MPLS traffic.
If you want to break the interfaces into different VLAN's,
you can use two methods:
o SVI's, where each SVI represents a VLAN and you
run EoMPLS on it.
o EVC's, where EoMPLS is run on an EVC instance. We
prefer this method, as it's more elegant and seems
to be the future for Cisco.
However, note that doing EoMPLS on the EVC's is only
supported in the 15.1EY code base or later.
> 2) Does the 3600X support unsupported (pun intended)
> transceivers or similar?
We have used the command, and it executes.
However, we've used OEM optics on this platform without this
command and they work just fine, both on the FCS and newer
code.
> 3) Can I activate the licence for supporting 10G
> interfaces without reloading or would I need to schedule
> downtime for that?
AFAIK, you need to reload when you install the 10Gbps or
MPLS licenses.
Cheers,
Mark.
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
