Dear all,

While speaking of 3600X, we are thinking about using 2 of them at each
end of a 10G point-to-point WAN link, possibly running VPLS (not sure we
really need this, QinQ may suffise). According to our SE, VPLS is
supported but they have never tested our topology (ie only 2 boxes put
back to back) and are appearantly not 100% sure it will work.

Did any of you already tried something similar?

Thanks,
Vincent

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:49:58AM +0200, Richard Hartmann wrote:

> Hi all,
> 
> we will most likely be getting a few 3600X in the near future, but
> there are some questions we could not find definite answers to.
> Namely:
> 
> 1) Can the 3600X act as PE on all interfaces? I.e. if I were to trunk
> two or more 1G interfaces, could xconnects go out through those
> interfaces?
> 
> 2) Does the 3600X support unsupported (pun intended) transceivers or similar?
> 
> 3) Can I activate the licence for supporting 10G interfaces without
> reloading or would I need to schedule downtime for that?
> 
> 
> Thanks,
> Richard
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

-- 
Vincent Touchard
 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 
Il n'est désir plus naturel que le désir de cognoissance.
        -+- Michel de Montaigne -+-
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to