On Thu, 25 Aug 2011, chiel wrote:
I got a 6506-E with a Sup7203BXL. Now I need to add some line cards to
this chassis. I got two options.
1. Install 2x WS-X6408A-GBIC that I still have lying around
2. Upgrade a WS-X6816-GBIC which I got (currently has a DFC3A) with a
DFC3BXL. I need to buy the DFC3BXL in this case.
As others have mentioned, there should not be a problem with forwarding
capacity using those blades, but you will be limited with what you can do
in terms of QoS.
Also, if vendor support is important to you, it's worth noting that both
of these blades are end-of-sale. The 6408 has been end-of-life for about
five years. The replacement blade that is mentioned in the bulletin
below, the 6408A, was announced for end-of-sale in 2009, and will go
end-of-life in 2014.
The 6416 went end-of-life at the beginning of this year.
WS-X6408-GBIC:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/prod_eol_notice09186a008032d814.html
WS-X6416-GBIC:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd802e87bb.html
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/