I would recommend a default to the core from the device to achieve 
ping/traceroute.

If you are need the route reflector to issue withdraws on routes in the OSPF 
table disappearing this
can be accomplished by using a floating null route to those ips.

Mack

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Mark Tinka
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 11:04 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] ASR opinions..

On Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:58:06 AM Robert Raszuk wrote:

> You do not need any BGP route to be send to RIB and FIB if you are 
> control plane only router (example Route Reflector).

Right, I suppose what I meant was both technical and operational 
considerations. If our NOC happen to be troubleshooting routing on the route 
reflector, and suddenly need to ping/traceroute to an address, the potential 
for not having an entry in the FIB despite its presence in the RIB could cause 
massive confusion.

Mark.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to