?
From: Kevin Berry [mailto:[email protected]] Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 10:46 AM To: Rich Davies Subject: Re: [c-nsp] Cisco blade switch config Well, the trunk works for VLAN 1, seemingly OK...... Thes are Cisco CS3020 blade switches. Ithought they did encapsulation 802dot1q by default ? The HP shows this: ROOT-LAB10# show lacp LACP PORT LACP TRUNK PORT LACP LACP NUMB ENABLED GROUP STATUS PARTNER STATUS ---- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- 20 Passive 20 Up No Success 21 Active Trk1 Down No Success 22 Active Trk1 Down No Success 23 Passive 23 Up No Success 35 Passive 35 Up No Success 36 Passive 36 Down No Success 37 Active Trk2 Up Yes Success 38 Active Trk2 Up Yes Success My LACP uplinks are on 21&22 and 37 & 38. I currently have 1 down because switch is pulled on Cisco side. | Intrusion MDI Flow Bcast Port Type | Alert Enabled Status Mode Mode Ctrl Limit 21-Trk1 21-Trk1 | No Yes Down 1000FDx MDI off 0 22-Trk1 22-Trk1 | No Yes Down 1000FDx MDI off 0 23 23 | No Yes Up 100FDx MDIX off 0 36 36 | No Yes Down 1000FDx MDI off 0 37-Trk2 37-Trk2 | No Yes Up 1000FDx MDIX off 0 38-Trk2 38-Trk2 | No Yes Up 1000FDx MDI off 0 On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 9:46 PM, Rich Davies <[email protected]> wrote: What mode of trunking is the HP switch doing? I believe by default Cisco does ISL for trunk mode. If the HP is doing dot1q then you need to define that on the Cisco side since ISL is default: interface x/y switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport mode trunk Hope this helps. Rich On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Kevin Berry <[email protected]> wrote: I have (2) Cisco blade switches running in redundant mode and each is connected to the same HP ROOT switch on the other end. Each blade switch has an LACP / Etherchannel link of 2 cables going to the HP root. STP enabled on the Cisco's. Noticed this on my Cisco-SW1 today: Group Port-channel Protocol Ports ------+-------------+-----------+------------------------------------------- ---- 1 Po1(SU) LACP Gi0/1(I) Gi0/2(I) Gi0/3(I) Gi0/4(D) Gi0/5(D) Gi0/6(I) Gi0/7(D) Gi0/8(I) Gi0/20(P) Gi0/22(P) This shows that gi 0/20 & 0/22 are in use and bundled in port channel as they should be. My blade servers (gi 0/1 - 0/8) (some of which are down I know) show (I) independant? Can anyone advise why? Also, anyone know why a server like gi 0/1 for example will not talk on multiple vlans? I mean, they are set correctly on the HP, as I can ping out fine to those vlans over there. Here is the Cisco config for those vlans. Cisco talks on VLAN 1 fine. But Vlans 2 & 3, it doesnt. ! spanning-tree mode pvst spanning-tree extend system-id spanning-tree uplinkfast no spanning-tree vlan 4-99 ! vlan internal allocation policy ascending ! ! ! interface Port-channel1 description HP CORE switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100 switchport mode trunk spanning-tree portfast trunk spanning-tree vlan 4-99 cost 20 ! ! interface GigabitEthernet0/1 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100 switchport mode trunk speed 1000 channel-group 1 mode active spanning-tree portfast ! interface GigabitEthernet0/2 switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100 switchport mode trunk speed 1000 channel-group 1 mode active spanning-tree portfast interface GigabitEthernet0/20 description HP CORE switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100 switchport mode trunk channel-protocol lacp channel-group 1 mode active spanning-tree portfast trunk ! interface GigabitEthernet0/21 no switchport no ip address shutdown spanning-tree portfast trunk ! interface GigabitEthernet0/22 description HP CORE switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100 switchport mode trunk channel-protocol lacp channel-group 1 mode active spanning-tree portfast trunk ! interface GigabitEthernet0/23 description INTERNAL CROSSCONNECT switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100 switchport mode trunk media-type internal channel-protocol lacp spanning-tree portfast trunk interface GigabitEthernet0/24 description INTERNAL CROSSCONNECT no switchport no ip address no ip route-cache media-type internal spanning-tree portfast ! interface Vlan1 ip address 10.10.0.18 255.255.0.0 no ip route-cache no ip mroute-cache ! interface Vlan2 no ip address no ip route-cache no ip mroute-cache ! interface Vlan3 no ip address no ip route-cache no ip route-cache -------------------------------------------------- Anyone can help????? VLAN 1 is 10.10.0.x VLAN 2 is 172.18.32.x VLAN 3 is 192.168.1.x I can only ping 10.10.0.x n VLAN 1, so traffic moves accros these LACP/etherchannel fine, but only for that VLAN. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
