Sent from a mobile device
On 21/02/2013, at 8:11, "Kevin Berry" <[email protected]> wrote: > Yes, I am aware. My HP simply was configured something like: > > Config t > Trunk 21-22 trk1 lacp > Trunk 37-38 trk2 lacp > Exit > > Then I made sure that those trunks were TAGGED for each VLAN. > > The HP switch, appears correct. I believe, even by review > Then for Cisco, I built Etherchannel LACP from ports. My etherchannel > summary now shows > that gi 0/20 & 0/22 are in use and bundled in port channel. So that seems > fine. > My etherchannel for those ports was built for channel 1, or PO1. Config > reads: >> interface Port-channel1 >> description HP CORE >> switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100 >> switchport mode trunk >> spanning-tree portfast trunk >> spanning-tree vlan 4-99 cost 20 >> ! >> interface GigabitEthernet0/1 >> switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100 >> switchport mode trunk >> speed 1000 >> channel-group 1 mode active >> spanning-tree portfast >> ! >> interface GigabitEthernet0/2 >> switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-3,100 >> switchport mode trunk >> speed 1000 >> channel-group 1 mode active >> spanning-tree portfast > You original show etherchannel had too many ports in the portchannel. Have you fixed this yet? > Now, this being the case, would you not expect these ports to carry traffic > on those vlans (1,2,3,100) ? > If I have a ESX host in gi 0/1 and it has vm's on 2 of those vlans, and 2 > virtual switches are configured, one for each ip segment/vlan, then each VM > should send traffic to my uplink ports, in this case gi 0/20 & 0/22, which > will pass all those vlans on to the next switch? > > It is odd to me, as port gi 0/1 needs to be able to actually accommodate > multiple vlans, so to me that would be a trunk. Then, to combine multiple > ports to move traffic, I need the etherchannel (with LACP talking to the > HP). It seems this all works fine as long as only 1 vlan is applied. AS soon > as the expectation is for more than one vlan, it ceases. > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
