Yes I am aware of the ND and EUI-64 methods , but i want to implement this 
methodI have configured the below
R1ipv6 dhcp pool POOL address prefix 2001:192:12::/64 domain-name cisco.com
interface FastEthernet1/0 ipv6 address 2001:192:12::1/64 ipv6 dhcp server POOL
R2interface FastEthernet1/0 ipv6 address autoconfig
R2#sh ipv6 int bri FastEthernet0/0        [administratively down/down]    
unassignedFastEthernet1/0        [up/up]    FE80::C801:71FF:FE4A:1C    
2001:192:12:0:C801:71FF:FE4A:1CFastEthernet1/1        [administratively 
down/down]    unassigned
Now , I can reach this IPv6 address but the binding is not thereR1#sh ipv6 dhcp 
binding R1#
Even though i can also activate routing based on these addressesFrom: 
[email protected]
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 20:36:07 +0000
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] DHCPv6
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]

Well in IPv6 you make use of ND to achieve this and stateless autoconfig

There are different methods to autoconfig in IPv6 you may want to research 
this, like EUI-64 which makes use of the end systems mac address. 

Jey S.Network EngineerCCIE #41608
Sent from my iPhone
On 4 Jan 2014, at 19:49, M K <[email protected]> wrote:





Thanks , I was wondering because i was following the configuration in the below 
documenthttps://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27714#Client_Configuration


> From: [email protected]
> Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2014 13:03:39 +0000
> Subject: Re: [c-nsp] DHCPv6
> To: [email protected]

> CC: [email protected]
> 
> You have to use :
> 
> Ipv6 address autoconfig
> 
> 
> Jey S.
> Network Engineer
> CCIE #41608

> 
> Sent from my iPhone
> 
> > On 4 Jan 2014, at 12:17, M K <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi I am trying to configure DHCPv6 , i am using 
> > c7200-adventerprisek9-mz.152-4.S2When I configure the server I found all 
> > the commands But when I configure the client I cannot find the command ipv6 
> > address dhcp from interface configuration mode ?I enabled ipv6 
> > unicast-routing

> > _______________________________________________
> > cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp

> > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
                                          
                                          
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to