On 05/03/15 16:46, Adam Vitkovsky wrote:
That is great for intra-domain use -one learns something new every day :)
Strange I have never came across this RFC 4610 when played with Anycast
RPs.
And would you have all the filtering options and knobs as with MSDP?

No, why would you want it? Surely the point of anycast-RP is to have them all identical?

MSDP does have some advantages over PIM for this case, specifically when you reboot an RP, it will recover the existing source state immediately over the MSDP peering, as opposed to having to wait for the registers to be re-sent from the DR(s).

OTOH MSDP is one more protocol to run.

Swings and roundabouts; it's nice to have both options. We went for it on the basis of simplicity.

Cheers,
Phil