Hi peeps,

Thanks for the response, but i think i need the make
my questions a bit clearer.

Question.  When a config is copied from a router  to
TFTP server, what format is this file? (is it just
*.txt ???)

Now, suppose I'm physically connected to a newly
out-of-the-box router via the light blue console cable
and in a Hyperterminal session, say no to all the
setup prompts.  Now suppose I have a config file on my
PC that is the same format that it would be on the
TFTP server.

Is there a way that i can send this config file as a
whole directly to NVRAM, or RAM, when connected via
the console port?

I read some people's responce about cut and pasting,
can someone just explain how you do this, i haven't
tried this yet.  Do you just cut and pastes the whole
config or do it in stages?

Thanks in advance