First on PPPoE, you can read about PPPoE at
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120
limit/120dc/120dc3/pppoe.htm and about windows specific software details at
http://www.carricksolutions.com/windowspppoe.htm

Regarding the router, do you mean you wnat to replace the speedtouch with a
router? For this type of service you need to use one of the DSL CPEs, often
referred to as DSL modems. Ciscos 6xx line, and if PacBell I think 677 is
what you should consider. But if you want to use a router inside the network
that is connected to the Internet via one of these Alacatel CPEs, yes you
can.

Kumar Dasari

8fi3gk$3fd$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:8fi3gk$3fd$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...