hello ajiemher,
If you read the rules of this mailing list, one of the things NOT to do
is start a message with "one of my customers"..
 but
I would use the registered ip's and let him be. If you want to use
pat, thats great, just use static translations for his exchange server.
http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/701/60.html
good luck,
larry

On 24 May 00, at 0:39, Ajiemher wrote:

> Hello,
>
> One customer of ours will be using cisco 761M router to connect to the
> internet. They have a registered domain name and a set of public ip
> address.  They also plan of having their own mail server using Exchange
> Server 5.5. My questions are as follows:
>
> 1. What is the best approach to this solution? Should i use PAT or just
> use public address to all host in the private network? 2. If i use PAT,
> how will i let my exchange server receive and send mail if its ip address
> is a private one? Is there a way to
>     map private ip address to public ip addres  under cisco 700 series
>     router?
> 3. If i use public ip address to the hosts in the network including the
> exchange server, how will I secure the network from outside
>     world? The SET IP FILTER command for cisco 700 series router in the
>     cisco web site is not clear enough for me.
>
> I have no problem with exchange server since i've have done such work of
> connecting exchange server to the internet. This is my first work that
> involves cisco router.
>
> I will appreciate any help from you guys....
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> itsme,
>
> Ajie of Dubai
> CCNA