From: Ajiemher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2000 10:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Cisco 761M connecting to ISP using public ip

Hello,

Thanks to those who responded.
When i checked CCO, it says that PAT is capable only of one to many
translation unlike NAT which is capable of one to one
translation aside from one to many. One interesting command under Cisco 700
router is the set ip pat porthandler which provides access to server in your
internal lan. I'm not sure whether this is the answer to my question....
If i use public ip address on my internal lan, i believe i can use the set
ip filter command to allow only SMTP data to come into my internal lan in
and block the rest. Do i make sense???

Any one has done this kind of config , your insight is really appreciated...

                                                  _Switch_
WWW ------- Cisco761M-----|_______|----- Exchange Server 5.5(Private or
Public IP Address)

                                                    workstations ( Private
or Public IP addresses)

Cory, I'm also preparing for the BCRAN exam and i find BCRAN of C.P
interesting....Good luck to us....

itsme,
Ajie of Dubai
CCNA,MCP