From: "Dollard Morgan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'K Sacca'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 2:24 AM
Subject: RE: CCNP and chances of finding a job

Ken, WOW, congrats for that :) (thats the ken at cisco)

the other ken, yammy,
im sorry before hand, but im going to have to flame you before you do
something stupid.
DONT GET UR CCNP without exp. thats the kind of stuff, that ruined microsoft
certs, thats ruining the CCNA, and that will eventually ruin the CCNP. on
top of that, you'll have a much easier time passing the ccnp if you have
work experinence and get real life exposure to networking.
i worked hard to get my ccnp, and im going for the ccie now, and i'd love to
see my certs keep their value and not get devalorized because some ppl think
its the easy road to getting the pot of gold. its not, its a hard and
demanding job, theres always something to learn, and always networks with
problems. a CCNP is expected certain things, and in case you didnt know, if
cisco receives complaints about incompetent work on your part, they can
revoke your certification. please do yourself a favor by getting experience,
your employer might pay ur certs after that, with training, and you'll wa
ste less time on your own doing so.
Morgan
PS, any1 who wishes to flame me on this subject is free to do so, i
guarantee it wont look pretty in the end.
I've met one CCNP that had no exp and didnt know wtf he was talking about,
and i hope for the others out there i never meet one again.