yes, we had a couple catalysts, along with lots of fore and extreme
switches at the place I was just working.  In our environment, it seemed
the Cisco ethernet interfaces worked fine, as long as auto-negotiation
wasn't taking place.  On both our router and catalyst 2924, the fast
ethernet interfaces would usually auto-negotiate to 100Mb/half duplex
when connecting to the fore's or extremes.  Setting both sides manually
to 100Mb/full worked great.

David