THIS IS WHAT I FOUND ON THEIR SITES.

EXTREME:
http://www.extremenetworks.com/products/datasheets/bd.asp?anchor=techspecs

Industry--leading Layer 3 switching performance, availability and port
density
6808 Non-blocking 128 Gbps backplane yields over 96 million packet per
second throughput
6816 Non-blocking 256 Gbps backplane yields over 192 million packet per
second throughput

CISCO:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/si/casi/ca6000/tech/ios6k_wp.htm

Catalyst Family Switches  Catalyst 6000 Series  Catalyst 6500 Series
Slot Density  6 or 9 slots
 6 or 9 slots
Backplane Capacity  32 Gbps
 Scalable to 256 Gbps

Multilayer Switching
 Scalable to 150 Mpps

So, Cisco can do 150MPPS with 256 backplane and extreme will do 192MPPS
with 256GBPS backplane.

Inamul