Let's talk about this for a minute or two, just to clear something that has
been inside of me for a while, since i joined this group about a year ago I
hear lots of you say
" get experience", like it is somenthing you just go to the grocery store and
buy it, if it was like that, i would gather as much money as i could, to buy
the most i can.
    Take me for example, I have been parking cars for 7 years now at $ 7.50
an hour,
In 1997, because i wanted to improve my way of life, i started buying and
studying books, first I got my A+ cert, Then my MCP, right now i only need 2
electives to have the MCSE, then i got my Network+, then my CCNA, from the
ccnp i passed the acrc and the cit, I bought all the cisco books for the
ccnp, the ccda,ccdp,ccie, i even took the ccie written , of course i failed,
but it is a good experience, and i think the acrc is a harder exam, but the
ccie is a more broader exam.
    going back to the main topic, I started studying because nobody would
hire me because i do not have neither the knowledge nor the experience that i
needed, now I have, not all the knowledge but some, as far as the A+ goes i
feel confident, i have asembled and sold over a few years maybe 100
computers, as far as my troubleshooting skills i feel more than good, as far
as the rest goes, i have a small network at home, not with routers, because i
cannot afford them, i have 4 workstations and 2 servers, so i practice a lot.
    Since i joined this group i hear you people talking about getting
experience, about paper Vs hands on, AT first nobody hires you because you do
not have the knowledge or the experience, then somehow you manage to get some
knowledge,
but then again, this time nobody hires you because you do not have the
experience, and you people talk about it , the so much appreciated experience
, like it is so easy
to get
    I have posted my resume all over, willing to start with anything, but
whoever calls, the first question is, Where have you worked before?, how long
have your worked in the industry?, as soon as I tell them my experience is
with a small network i have at home, they think for a minute or two, thet
said i call you back, but they never do.
    I have spent Ks of dollars, and i am convinced that it is not worth , to
keep spending more in the sense of trying to get a better life, it is almost
impossible; in the sense of getting knowledge is a good thing to do, but up
to certain limits.