Dear "Dick":

I thought your posting started off rather well but it rapidly turned
mean-spirited and was not conducive to an open exchange of ideas and
encouragement.

For you to say "I get tired of reading about all the elitist who worry about
the certifications becoming worthless.  That's Cisco's worry.  And if you cry
about how you worked hard to get your ccxx.  Well so did the guy above."
belies a lack of understanding and empathy for those of us who've obtained
other certifications only to see their marketability, and thus our
*earnability*, seriously impacted.

In 1994, I could make $60,000 a year as a CNE. Wanna guess what that cert
will earn me now?

"And to all of you who like to flame those who don't agree with you, well
pretend you can read sign language and imagine the sign I am giving you."

"Dick," I'm not flaming you - I am respectfully disagreeing with you.  I can
read sign language (after all, I *am* a native Noo Yawkuh), but I prefer to
communicate in an open, honest, friendly and -are you ready?- professional
manner.

Let's be the mature, intelligent professionals we claim to be!

-Austin
CCNP, Recovering MCNE. MCSE

PS: Any flames may be directed to me personally.  Let's keep this LIST free
of acrimony.