Hi,

I have a network of around 20 macs connected to the hub and all accessing
the internet through a single internet box which is ip based. I have
replaced the hub with catalyst 3500 and when I connect the mac to the switch
the led on the port is showing orange colour and then I made the all the
port to full duplex, speed 100 then the switch started working.

I think the nic in mac is not auto negotiating with switch port. But the
users are complaining that the network is very slow and internet access
speed also has come down.

I really could not diagnoise the problem because the switch should give
better performance than hub. Is there any troubleshooting procedues through
which I can find out the problem. is there any software on the net which
will show me the bottleneck. If any body has got information, please send it
to me.

regards

imran