I think that most people fail to understand that the
CID exam is perhaps the most unique of the series.
There is no practicality, and, while I was
disappointed with the age of the exam, I thought that
it opened the door to the design world better than the
technical exams - routing, switching, etc. Since I
love design I went beyond these parameters and wrote
roughly 50% of the study guide (Sybex) in that vain
and added material like DSL and multicast.

I think that all of us have been frustrated with the
exams from a style, content or focus perspective from
time to time. I also know that CID is generally
regarded as a hard exam - I disagree - and a lot of
people have avoided the CCDP track from this fear.

A suggestion would be to participate in the beta
program offered by Cisco. The tests are free, and I
like to fool myself into thinking that they read the
lengthy comments that I make. My understanding is that
there is a group that reviews comments from both the
betas and the live exams, so, as long as you don't
have a time limit concern, use that avenue and
hopefully you/we can effect the certification process.

--- Brad Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> that CID test sucks!!!!
>
> -Brad Ellis
> CCIE#5796
> CCDP, CCNA, MCNE, MCSE
> ""Jim Healis"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message

> > Have you ever had one of those times where you
> took a test, marked a
> > question because you weren't sure about it, and
> then changed the answer...
> > only to find out that you failed the exam by one
> percentage point?
> >
> > That happened to me today...
> > My overall scores in each area were about what I
> expected them to be...
> but
> > I never expected to fail by one question. Talk
> about a downer!
> > But I take the test again tomorrow morning... and
> I now know what I need
> > focus on: ATM and SNA (my two week points).
> >
> > Wish me luck!
> >
> > Jim Healis, CCNP, CCDA
> > Senior Network Engineer
> > wine.com