> > > Never seen a Selectric typewriter??? I actually own one...
> > >
> > > [=`)
> > >
> > Selectric, that is a real fancy machine. I still attempt to use my Old
> > Remington No. 10 at least once a month. My No. 7 is getting old and the
keys
> > just aren't like they used to be, after all it is a 103 year old
typewriter.

> What's a typewriter?  Kind of like a printer with a keyboard attached?
>
> ;-)

My 5 year old sons failed a test at school that involved objects and giving
descriptions. My wife had to go to this evaluation about the test in order
to determine if they were ready for progressing on to the next grade, or
should they be held back. One of the items was a picture of a Typewriter,
both of my boys answered "Puter" and missed the question. How many kids
below the age of 20, have ever even seen a Typewriter. As far as I'm
concerned, my kids got every question right. All they needed to do was
answer the question, they are 5 and kids will be kids.

I own about 20 Manual Typewriters, it sort of stems from my love of
computers and understanding where all of this started. Just watching as the
keys are pressed and the letters slam into the paper. (c:

David C Prall, CCDP CCNP MCSE MCNE
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://dcp.dcptech.com