        From:   Bartlett, DS1 [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Wednesday, June 07, 2000 5:17 PM
        To:     '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
        Subject:        PIX Firewall and 2509 Access Router

        I have a 2509 access router with 8 modems attached.  This past
weekend I
        installed a PIX 515.  Now when users dial-in they receive very slow
        connections.  I tried to ping various Internet hosts and found that
60-80%
        packet loss occurred.  I turned on

        Debug ip icmp

        Ran a trace to my server at home and received this message

        dst (10.100.7.0) port unreachable rcv from X.X.X.190 (home server).

        10.100.7.0 is the IP of my E0 interface on the 2509 and it further
says

        sent to 10.100.1.0 --> which is the IP of my inside server.

        Enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.  I have some very angry
users
        who are on the road, including my big boss, an Admiral in the US
Navy.

        Thanx all
        Daryn P. Bartlett