Dennis, you might want to change the Subject Line. This is not an OSPF
question.

Wildcard mask, in a nutshell.

1) write everything relevant in binary.
2) In the case of a 0 in the mask, it is safe to say that this means an
exact match in any octet. So, in your case, the 10 in the first octet with a
0 in the corresponding octet of the wildcard mask, means that the only
matches will be for those hosts with a 10 in the first octet.
3) With anything other than a zero in any wildcard mask octet, write it out
in binary until you understand what is going on. Even then, you should write
it out in binary, just to be sure.

In your example, the last octet of the host address range is 192, as in
10.11.216.192

Writing it in binary, we get 1100 0000 = 192 decimal
Writing the mask in binary we get 0011 1111 = 63

Line up the numbers:

1100 0000 = network side/host side
0011 1111 = wildcard mask

every place where there is a zero in the mask, there MUST be an exact match
in the network side ( or host side, if you want to look at it that way. So,
every packet with a source address of 10.11.216.binary = 11xx xxxx will be
permitted

the ones in the mask mean that it doesn't matter whether it matches or not.

1100 0010 matches
1111 0000 matches
1101 1001 matches
0111 0011 does NOT match ( see why? )

are you beginning to get the idea?

So now it's your turn. You tell us what the command access-list 50 permit
10.11.216.192 0.0.0.63 does.

Chuck