> 1: Run GATED on the linux box and have it participate in OSPF, you will have
> to switch your AREA assignement around etc.. but that is probably the best
> way to do it...

Worth evaluating as an alternative to gated is the GNU's
Zebra.  I ran across this gem about a year ago.  What
is it?  Per their website at http://www.zebra.org/:

  GNU Zebra is free software (distributed under GNU Generic
  Public License) that manages TCP/IP based routing protocols.
  It supports BGP-4 protocol as described in RFC1771 (A Border
  Gateway Protocol 4) as well as RIPv1, RIPv2 and OSPFv2.