>Hello,
>
>This may sound like a silly question bear with me for a moment...
>
>Is it possible to get a 24 port L2 switch instead of 4 different hubs to
>have 4 different networks?
>The reason why I don't want to use a hub in the first place is because I
>don't want any changes made to the frame as it goes thru the switch
>fabric. Does this make sense or 4 hubs is the only way to go?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>--Manny

Simple answer:  usually yes.

More complex:  what problem are you trying to solve?  Even in a hub,
the bits that come in on one port are not the same physical bits that
exit on another port.  They will be regenerated, so it's arguable if
the frame changes or it's simply a frame copy.

When going through a bridge/switch, the FCS will be recomputed,
although it may have exactly the same value as on the input.

-----
I'm having surgery today and may be offline for a couple of days to a week.